Tuesday, July 29, 2008

nyquist - built it on Ubuntu 7.04

I am not really familiar with Ubuntu, usually I use Fedora Core 5 at work, but this time I got a new project which need to install ACCESS Linux platform(ALP), ALP is provided with debian-based packages, so I can only do my job on Ubuntu or Debian.

I install Ubuntu 7.0.4 though vmware on PC at work and MacBook at Home. At work, I have a big trouble, is the amxier & aplay can not be used to play audio file, I do some fix to make amixer work, but aplay still not work. I also got Ubuntu 7.10 installed, it is OK with audio playing. And there's no audio problem on my MacBook with Ubuntu 7.04.

At I am trying to compile nyquist myself. At start, gcc complains it can not find "stdio.h" file. So I install libc-dev, then it complains could not find g++. So I install g++. After that, I got link errors. It could not find readline. The follow command solves the issue:
sudo apt-get libreadline5-dev

Then is asound. I use the following command to find libasound.

apt-cache search libasound
..
sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev


The last problem is it could not find javac, it is hard to find through "apt-cache search", the following command make it work.

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk